Sunday, July 30, 2006

#water

heat wave---
a kleptomaniac
steals designer water

#crow

Sunday morning---a crow
on the roof
of a church

#Bach

hot afternoon---
a Mint Julep
and J. S. Bach

#dog

end of July---
a dog has no one
to bark at

#yogurt

summer afternoon---
forgot to buy yogurt
to put on the berries

#marina

the marina is packed
with boats---
rainy day

#chain

two kids race
their bikes around the fountain---
I twirl my key chain

#whispers

the sound of whispers
as the subway
suddenly stopped

#cups

sidewalk cafe---
her "a" cups as she
serves our espresso

#truck

truck stop---
I take one sip
and spit

#rubber

rubber hose
lining the street---
want some licorice?

#miso

sweltering night---
I put ice cubes
in the miso soup

#sticky

a spider web glistens
in the sunlight---
a sticky day

#presence

morning stillness---
I feel the presence
of a mosquito

No comments: