Sunday, July 16, 2006

#swat

a horse fly
on the window glass---
please swat me

#gumbo

early morning---
nothing left
of last night gumbo

#beige

a ripe peach---
I stain my beige
jacket

#chocolate

I can't find
where she hid
the chocolate I bought her

#catfish

Bastille Day---
the chef cuts
the heads of the catfish

#bald

on the subway---
man with long hair
next to a bald woman

#kite

on a crowded
boardwalk---
a kite refuses to go up

#mango

overcast morning---
a fruit vendor
peels mango

#pearl

a midsummer downpour---
she takes off
her long pearl necklace

#wave

heat wave---
a streetwalker
goes to the boardwalk

#whiskey

clicking glasses
with an old friend---
he made the whiskey

#peach

dawn---
I cut a peach
into halves

#shirts

I bought shirts on sale---
two for the price
of one sushi meal

#train

the train is late---
a sparrow pacing
back and forth

No comments: