Sunday, July 02, 2006

#penguin

hot day---
I wouldn't be here
if I were a penguin

#driver

sunday morning---
the designated driver
returns home

#penny

scratching off candle wax
with a penny---
a half moon

#dragon

morning stillness---
a dragon broke
into pieces

#cool

western swing
night in the park---
the fireflies stay cool

#sand

eating brown
rice sushi---
sand inside my sandals

#hate/love tanka

one digs deeper
because of hate
the other digs deeper
because of love---
at the end they meet each other

#head

rain showers in spots---
one spot
was my head

#bride

outdoors wedding
reception---a fly
pursuing the bride

#sour

offering her green grapes---
she makes
a sour expression

#turtle

live swing music
in the park---a turtle
goes home

#moon

one more foggy night
haiku---this time to say
I miss you moon

#fly

a fly looking
for an open window
to get out of my house

#wrong

world cup game---
the crickets are cheering
the wrong team

#lost

at the entrance
of the subway---
a lost shoe

No comments: