Sunday, June 25, 2006

#life

beach rainy day---
can't remember who said
life is a beach

#directions

sunday morning---
a priest asks me
for directions

#box

searching
in an old box---
I found "Paradise Lost"

#fast

walking fast---
my eyeglasses
covered with rain drops

#doctor tanka

they yelled is there
a doctor in the house?---
as a kid I had a toy
doctor bag to induce me
to grow up to be one

#mermaid

slapping and bubbling---
the two parts of a mermaid
are estranged

#parts

foggy morning---
the two parts of a mermaid
are estranged

#bite

long day in the park---
a mosquito
comes back to bite

#less

union square station---
the less clothes people wear
the hotter it gets

#giggle

an older girl
on the swing---
the others giggle

#scoreless

the world cup game
is still scoreless---
summer solstice

#summer solstice

summer solstice---
too short a night
to remember her name

#butterfly

breezy day---
a butterfly
and I collide

#squeak tanka

the laundry rope
across an ally squeaks---
while the woman
pulling on it squeaks
about the landlord

#new

early morning---
a bird hasn't sung
any thing new for hours

#sailboat

lying on his surf board---
near a toy
black sailboat

#first

first summer moon---
light in my heart
clouds in my eyes

#sunset

sunset---
the orange volley ball
served into the sea

No comments: