Sunday, December 07, 2008

#moon

back home
I wipe her lipstick off my cheek---
a half moon

#evil

Pearl Harbor Day---
evil does not have
one address

#snow

first snow---
bride walks out
of a church

#blue

blue sky---
I take out the flowers
from my Jasmine tea

#bags

December evening rush---
the shopping bags
are smaller this year

#dawn

cold dawn---
the Christmas trees keeper
smiles

#checks

the recession---
the barmaid stops
cashing checks

#sunrise

sunrise---
she pulls black satin sheet
over her head

#bright

East River bright day---
I look away
kids wearing parkas

#blue

blue sky---
smoke travels
shaped like a whale

#brain

as I stare at my plate---
my brain had enough
broccoli

#blue

blue sky---
a monk has
nothing to say

#Venus

she has two
gentlemen callers---
Venus with Jupiter and the moon

#dawn

dawn---
last year dust
on the Christmas ornaments

No comments: