Sunday, December 14, 2008

#full

near the subway---
a cemetery
is full

#blue

blue sky---
I go to buy more
Christmas gift wrap paper

#night

cold Saturday night---
I walk into
an OTB

#twins

full moon at sunrise---
the Siamese twins
have an argument

#beach

mid December---
driving by the beach
with the heat on high

#foreign

electronics store---
the salesman answers
in a foreign language

#shower

drizzle and fog night---
I stay home
and take a hot shower

#dog

morning rain---
a stray dog follows me
to the subway


#wind

Chicago---
the lake cold wind
smells fishy

#office

the recession---
the office Christmas party
is BYOB

#sunset

she went to buy
a pumpkin---
Winter sunset

#blues

morning Winter blues---
only the memory of old flames
warms me up

#smoke

frigid day---
mushroom shaped smoke cloud
car makers need bail out

#cold

cold morning---
a cockroach warms up
under my coffee cup

No comments: