Sunday, November 30, 2008

#beer

the recession---
price of beer goes up
cheers

#fog

Sunday morning fog---
my neighbor's wife
is naked

#know

now we know---
it's Mumbai
not Bombay

#bargain

the recession---
I shop for a bargain
careful not to be walked on

#dog

dinner time---
outside grocery store
a dog waits

#red

Black Friday---
the buyers are deeper
in red than sellers

#blue

blue sky---
no whipped cream
for the pumpkin pie

#houses

Thanksgiving Day---
walking past
empty houses

#sunset

sunset---
the brandy tastes
of eggnog

#where

shopping for Thanksgiving---
but where are
the marshmallows

#roses

the bunch of roses
I bought her---
the dog ate them

#haze

morning haze---
Wall Street has
disappeared

#watch

my watch stopped---
I ask a beggar
what time it is

#Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge---
canyons of lust in view
recession waxes

No comments: