Sunday, May 04, 2008

#fugu

poison-free fugu*/
safe to eat its liver/
but don't eat its liver

* http://tinyurl.com/6nepqz

#pants

next to police precinct---
she waters her garden
and my pants

#drops

chilly May morning---
dew drops on the door
of the outhouse*

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outhouse

#night

Saturday night---
she said it's hot here
no more words spoken

#fog

morning fog---
I take off
my eyeglasses

#pool

Friday night---
a church organist
plays pool

#tears

early morning---
the lilacs survived
last night tears

#fifth

Starbucks---
she stands in fifth*
to wait for her drink

*Ballet position of the feet

#moon

dawn---
under crescent moon
a black bird sings

#balls

Spring waxes---
little girl plays soccer
with tennis balls

#blue

blue sky---
the white tulips
perk

#wind

six-fifteen---
playing softball
against the cold wind

#roof

waiting for
dark clouds to clear---
seagulls on a roof pace

#espresso

heavy Spring rain---
a friend spiced
my espresso

#cat

stormy Spring---
the cat hides
under my chair

1 comment:

Area 17 said...

Dear Fred,

I love the Starbucks haiku! Have you told them about it?

You should tell the local branch and you never know, everyone might start having haiku with their coffee.


all my best,
Alan

Less than a month to the deadline!
The With Words Haiku Competition 2008


.