Sunday, May 11, 2008

#mothers

Mother's Day---
restaurants crowded
but who are mothers

#pond

on a pond
one of her chicks lags behind---
Mother's Day

#blue

blue sky---
the chatterbox
is silent

#night

Spring Saturday night---
a young man whistles
"Yankee Doodle"*

* http://tinyurl.com/skd9q

#storm

Spring rain storm---
the roof of the shower
leaks

#where's

Friday night at the gym---
she asks me
where's the bathroom

#juice

she swings her bare leg
as I talk to her---
juice bar

#sunset

hearing the call for prayer
as I pass a mosque---
Spring sunset

#ducks

Hudson River Park---/
ducks feed/
I order fish

#tee

trees dressed to a tee
girls undressed to a leaf---
Spring heats up

#tattoos

Spring warms up---
tattoos
not just on the arms


#sunset

May sunset---
I forgot to send
my old lady flowers

#cool

cool lounge---/
she sings in French/
with Spanish accent

#blue

blue sky---
I can't stand
the smell of ouzo

#playground

May playground---
girls on the swings laugh
at boys on the slide

No comments: