Sunday, May 18, 2008

#play

Mets play Yankees---
who wins
does matter

#fat

outside McDonald's---
a fat boy asks me
for a quarter

#fly

hot Spring sun follows/
drenching day---/
a fly flies

#blue

blue sky---
but she does not
smile

#know

at the gym---
she wants to know
who I think I am

#soap

more Spring showers---
a man hands out
free soap samples

#wears

beautiful Spring day---
the barmaid wears
a kimono

#dawn

dawn---
creeping dark clouds
erase it

#skirt

Fifth Avenue---
a man wears a skirt
many women wear pants

#blue

blue sky---
an ocean liner
departs

#lizard

finally a warm May day---
I stare back
at a lizard

#pet

morning after the storm---
I pet
the lilacs

#dance

one more dance---
she holds me
tight

#truck

wind swept cold rain---
truck makes stops
to deliver bottled water

No comments: