Sunday, May 31, 2009

#traffic

New York bans cars
in Times Square---
the streetwalkers are unhappy


#River

Hudson River cool breeze---
so many men
go topless

#moon

moon above the skyline---
and all I got
is a half pita bread loaf

#blue

blue sky---
a fish monger opens clams
a May lone cloud

#pizza

pizza for dinner---
it's been long time
since I've seen the moon

#fog

morning fog---
the cat ignores
the neighbors' husky

#River

East River---sparrows drink
from a street puddle
May mist

#fog

morning fog---
I visit my friend
the fortuneteller

#bride

the sun behind a thin cloud---
the groom unveils his bride
late May

#rat

morning haze---
a rat stares back
at me

#garden

late night---
she shows me her garden
I taste her tomatoes

#blue

blue sky---
as if last night fireworks
never happened

#River

East River---
the sun shines
Memorial Day

#battle

kids fight a gun battle
in the swimming pool---
Memorial Day

1 comment:

Bill said...

As always when I catch up after being away, I'm impressed by the cumulative effect of you poems, the way the form a mosaic of urban sensations.