Sunday, May 03, 2009

#can

rainy May Sunday---
at a bus stop
an empty can of beer

#cash

short on cash---
Kentucky Derby won
by a fifty-to-one long shot

#night

Saturday night---
but no kissing
the swine flu

#bard

the bard has no beard---
the UK first female
poet laureate

#beer

Friday afternoon downpour---
a beer truck stops
to unload

#monkey

May Day---
a monkey at the zoo
raises his fist

#River

East River dark clouds---
bright green leaves sprout
April ends

#news

Obama's news conference---
I turn off
Mozart

#sunset

Hudson River sunset---
no talk here about
the swine flu

#blue

blue sky---
I forgot
my flu mask

#gym

at the gym---
does their sweat
carry swine flu virus

#wave

April heat wave---
I decide not to
turn on the ac

#swine

swine flu scare---
I stay home and cook
my pork real well

#blue

blue sky---
my neighbor shaves
her legs

No comments: