Sunday, September 09, 2007

#wins

Federer wins
the US Open---
again

#busy

sunrise---
a bee is busy
over the Azaleas

#book

hot afternoon---
she's lost in her book
I in her décolleté

#night

late night---
my neighbor is morning
Pavarotti

#dog

the dog keeps barking---
a gorgeous woman
passes

#week

first week of school---
the rowdiness
of teenagers in the subway

#stars

clear September night---
she watches the stars
of TV

#light

on my way to work---
she asks me
if I got a light

#dry

dry and bright
September day---
I skip the sauna

#sunset

September sunset---
only the regulars
at the beach

#sneakers

school started---
old sneakers dangle
from a street lamp

#school

first day of school---
a boy
forgot his name

#job

they go out Labor Day---
he keeps talking
about his job

#flags

Labor Day---
a migrant worker sells
American flags

2 comments:

Damien Gabriels said...

hello Fred,
I have discovered your haiku thanks the website "temps libres" (Serge Tomé) and I'd like to tell you how much I appreciate them !
It's a great pleasure to follow your blog.
Many thanks from a French reader, trying to write haiku ! Your texts show me the way.
Regards.

Damien Gabriels (Leers - France)
http://pageperso.aol.fr/damiengabriels/damien-haikus.html

Damien Gabriels said...

hello Fred,
I've discovered your haiku thanks the website "temps libres" (Serge Tomé) and I'd want to tell ho much I appreciate them.
It's really a great pleasure to follow your blog.
Many thanks from a French reader, trying to write haiku : I'd like to get your capacity of attention to all things and your simplicity in writing.
Best regards

Damien Gabriels (Leers - France)
http://pageperso.aol.fr/damiengabriels/damien-haikus.html