Sunday, September 23, 2007

#dry

dry late September day---
the sun shines
on her freckles

#Park

Madison square Park---
I watch the moon
through an American Elm

#spelling

a nun in the subway---
I watch I don't make
any spelling errors

#bubble

morning haze---
her bubble bath
is ready

#spider

a spider climbing
my window glass keeps falling---
not enough dirt

#dawn

dawn---
the smell of cooking rice
I go back to sleep

#tango

I'm scared
I step on her feet---
my tango teacher

#earthworm

as I wait
for my morning train---
an earthworm goes to work

#moon

mid September---
juice oranges are on sale
a half moon

#street

blue sky---
the street is littered
with torn paper

#suburb

suburb grocery store---
the shelf stuffers
speak English

#bride

a bride walks up
the steps of a church---
September blue sky

#toddlers

September play ground---
only the toddlers
keep coming

#teacher

September cool---
I run into
my first Spanish teacher

No comments: