Sunday, July 01, 2007

#cracker

July First afternoon---
a fire cracker
wakes me up

#dawn

July dawn---
the pier is littered
with beer bottles

#fuse

Summer short fuse---
a dog chasing a squirrel
ran out of leach

#windows

brilliant blue sky---
I finally washed
my windows

#cemetery

late night---
fireflies rise up
in the cemetery

#dentist

my dentist extracts
more teeth---
no tooth fairies

#rice

overcast morning
the smell of steaming rice---
Summer

#walk

Summer---
a tree's luscious green
covers the walk signal

#spoiler

mid afternoon
Summer showers---
the spoiler

#grey

grey day---
the mailman passes me
with no "have a nice day"

#swing

Lincoln Center hot night---
the swing band
takes off jackets

#hollow

heat wave---
a sparrow disappears
in a tree's hollow

#sunset

sunset---
the beach volleyball game
heats up

#look

morning meditation---
a sparrow gives me
a strange look

#roof

Summer haze---
she is up on the roof
in the nude

No comments: