Sunday, June 24, 2007

#train

crowded train---
a teen keeps saying
she needs to pee

#moon

as I come out
of the subway---
a day moon

#carnival

Summer carnival---
a flat chested woman
enters the wrong rest room

#chair

business is slow---
a street artist draws
the customer chair

#sparrows

end of the month---
no bread left over
to feed the sparrows

#Park

Madison Square Park---
the party tent full
of men in blue long sleeves

#drips

Summer Solstice---
an air conditioner drips
on my neck

#moon

crescent moon
at the city sky line---
watching from a beach chair

#sing

cool breeze---
the cicadas
sing louder

#rent

going to pay my rent---
I pass
a homeless man

#pool

Summer pool---
she crawls
I butterfly

#moon

nothing left
of the melon wedge
but the skin---crescent moon

#blink

dusk---
fireflies blink
and her diamond tongue ring

#sunset

Father's Day---
he would have stopped
had a smoke at that sunset

No comments: