Monday, December 18, 2006

#work

the office
Christmas party---
too much work

#Owl

morning stillness---
a Great Grey Owl
sees me

#chimney

mid December---
a want ad
for a chimney sweeper

#dawn

beautiful winter dawn---
I ran out of
Jasmine tea

#today

today marks six decades
that I follow my shadow---
where ever

#music

Beethoven's birthday---
my neighbor plays
that deafening music again

#rice

overcast morning---
not enough sugar
in the rice pudding

#jewelry

Christmas lights
on bare trees---
I buy her more jewelry

#silence

morning commute---
the silence
of end of the year stress

#sunset

all in red
and nothing is green---
December sunset

#haze

morning haze---
I keep recounting
how many Santas

#penny

got a penny?---
at a fountain
just before Christmas

#moon

a turtle hides---
winter
full moon

#lunch

lunch hour---
a kid asks me
where's Santa

#lights

m&m's sprinkled
all over the dark---
Christmas lights

No comments: