Sunday, March 22, 2009

#roses

no evidence
of Spring yet---
I buy her roses

#stillness

morning stillness---
my neighbors
whisper

#night

March Saturday night---
I lost another bet
on a basketball game

#blue

blue sky---
I await
the lilacs bloom

#sunset

sunset---
she finished planting
the eggplant

#cat

first day of Spring---

snow flurries

the cat scratches its head


#drizzle

Spring drizzle---
the sound of high heels
behind me

#dawn

before dawn---
a man shouts
Google is down

#River

East River---
a man takes off his shirt
almost Spring

#blue

blue sky---
warm enough to play
hopscotch on the sidewalk

#moon

Saint Patrick Day---
the moon looks
greener

#red

Saint Patrick Day---
a Brit wants
to paint the town red

#tree

March haze---
a leafless tree reminds me
of my neurons

#teacher

early morning---
a teacher asks
who was Richard Nixon

1 comment:

bandit said...

Nice. I like the one about the Brit-made me laugh.