Sunday, March 09, 2008

#figure

today's crossword too hard---
I try figure
who's she calling

#jeans

grey patches of clouds---
I try to fit in my old
hippie jeans

#checkers

no one wants to play checkers---
I watch
a Charlie Chaplin movie

#quiet

morning fog---
my difficult neighbor
is very quiet

#time

a meter maid asks me
what time is it---
day light saving time starts

#blue

blue sky---
the kitchen sink
is clogged again

#enough

Starbucks---
work coffee breaks long enough
to ask for her phone number

#Decision

Dred Scott Decision Day*----
but this year
he is running for president

*On March 6, 1857, in its Dred

Scott decision, the Supreme Court

held that Scott, a slave, could not

sue for his freedom in a federal

court.

#white

morning strands
of white clouds---
she redyes her hair

#turtle

March coldness---
the playground grand turtle
raises its head

#shirt

March showers---
she swooshes my shirt
with her clinking clunker

#sunset

fog at sunset---
I ask for a second
Martini olive

#dawn

dawn---
I broke the bottle
of the orange juice

#warm

warm March evening rush---
the smell of dirty hair
and stale perfume

#stop

bus stop---she smokes
with one hand and shakes
at him the other's finger

No comments: