Sunday, February 03, 2008

#night

Super Bowl night---
I rush home
not to miss any commercials

#ice

morning ice on the roofs---
she closes
her chiffon curtains

#bridge

walking across
the Brooklyn bridge---
it's our cathedral

#dawn

dawn---
looking at last month
heating oil bill

#clicks

rainy night---
the clicks of high heels
behind me

#sunset

sunset---
the water in the gutter
freezes

#blue

blue sky---
an old man
forgot to shave

#snow

my snow boots still
in the back of closet---
January ends

#wind

strong wind pushes me---
how many watts
can it produce?

#phone

morning stillness---
I turn off
my cell phone

#plants

passing a funeral home---
their plants need
some water

#words

his last state of union speech---
he said the words
climate change

#beauty

outside beauty salon---
a bull dog pisses
on no parking sign

#dawn

cold dawn---
a migrant worker
cycles to work

1 comment:

Ričardas said...

enjoyed reading. I would rush out of the house to miss all commercials though :)