Sunday, February 17, 2008

#knocks

he knocks on my door---
wants to know
if Matilde lives here

#cat

Sunday morning stillness---
the cat
naps

#blue

blue sky---
I skip
Karate class

#dog

dog walking time in Chelsea---
I can smell
the loneliness

#terror

one more campus shooting---
isn't this
also terror?

#Park

Madison Square Park---
she's alone at the fountain
a half moon

#bud

Cherry trees
on her block bud---
Valentine's Day

#blue

blue sky---
senior citizen couple out
for Valentine's Day

#love

Valentine's Day---
when love is never free
but there's always a sale

#smiles

all the snow gone
this morning---
with last night barmaid smiles

#bar

caught in a snow storm---
I walk into
the nearest bar

#snow

the snow starts---
my neighbor quits
his computer game

#wins

Lincoln's Birthday---
whoever wins* today
prejudice loses

* 2008 Democratic Party

presidential primaries

#moon

afterwards
her smile widens---
crescent moon sets

#blue

blue sky---
so what if it's so cold
the pond froze

#moon

crescent moon
over skyline---
bridge traffic slows

1 comment:

Ričardas said...

All of them are good but I loved the shortest one, maybe because I like cats :)