Sunday, December 09, 2007

#woman

a children bookstore---
Santa Claus
is a woman

#work

December Sunday
six AM---
my neighbor goes to work

#Park

Madison Square Park---
so many/
Christmas trees

#lights

morning stillness---
the cat watches
the Christmas lights

#snow

December snow flurries---
I go check
if they are real

#windows

morning fog---
I need to clean
my windows

#Cube

at Starbucks---
a kid asks me
if I can solve Rubik's Cube

#dawn

dawn---
a polar bear
is still sleeping

#bag

December train ride---
she grasps her bag tight
every time the doors open

#present

buying her a present---
the clerk asks me
what is she like

#red

cold day---
Santa Claus face
is more red than usual

#smoke

early morning---
can't tell the rising smoke
from the rain clouds

#wind

wind lifts Autumn leaves
in the air---the pigeons
mind their business

#traffic

December jollies---
stuck in traffic
in Times Square

1 comment:

Ričardas said...

wonderful, it's like your day passed in front of my eyes. Poor neighbor and Santa :)