Sunday, May 20, 2007

#Park

Madison Square Park
sticky day---a sparrow
dips in the fountain

#drink

I'm dripping wet of rain---
the waiter asks
what I want to drink

#sermon

listening to a sermon
on Saturday night---
no mention of hell

#rent

chilly late Spring day---
I go to pay
my overdue rent

#goal

street soccer---
a passer by
scores a goal

#ride

stormy Spring morning---
her mother
needs a ride

#lunch

lunch hour in the park---
she is not
wearing panties

#Leprechaun

warm Spring night---
I stay out long enough
to see a Leprechaun

#gym

at the gym---
she calls the punching bag
a jerk

#cat

water drips
from a faucet---
the cat goes on a binge

#diet

trying on
a pair of jeans---
my diet is working

#sunset

sunset---
the Mets play
the Cubs

#fish

Monday afternoon---
old timers retell
their big fish stories

#birch

sitting under
a birch tree---
an ant climbs my bare leg

No comments: