Sunday, February 25, 2007

#carpet

she walks on the red
carpet like an actress---
Oscars' night

#emptiness

a woman loiters
on a street Saturday night---
the emptiness

#moon

I pull my navy tuque
over my ears---
a half moon

#sunrise

sunrise---
too many
broken hearts

#Campbell

early morning---only
a can of Campbell soup
in my pantry

#rush

morning rush---
she puts on lipstick
sitting next to me

#moon

watching the skyline
from a hammock---
crescent moon

#baccarat

he is still sitting
at the baccarat table---
Golden Pig

#line

Ash Wednesday---
no line
at the halal food cart

#irises

she keeps pointing
her finger---
Japanese irises

#Fat

Fat Tuesday---
an ice cream truck
parks on melting snow

#crow

morning stillness---
a crow finally
flies away

#cat

cat at the window
can't wait till the snow melt---
moonless night

#sunrise

sunrise---
she goes home
to feed her lovebird

No comments: