Sunday, October 08, 2006

#sunset

Autumn sunset---
a leaf falls
into the gutter

#more

look east you see the sun,
west the moon---
what more do you want?

#moth

Autumn night---
a piece of bark
becomes a moth in my hand

#fleece

awaken---
I search a dark closet
for my red fleece sweatshirt

#moon

all the blue
tortilla chips are gone---
full moon

#violinist

the violinist
in the train station
wants "no pennies"

#march

Union Square anti-
war march---tired old
hippies and their kids

#empty

early morning---
an empty beer can
in an empty subway car

#jacket

leaves start to fade---
I take my base ball
jacket to the cleaner

#couple

rush hour---a couple
stay standing by leaning
one against the other

#dogs

Madison Square Park---
all the dogs
had their Autumn hair cut

#mosquito

hot day in Autumn---
a mosquito
gets one last wish

#waxing

a turtle keeps peeking
out of its shell---
waxing gibbous

#flying

cool morning---
a fly shows
no interest in flying

No comments: