Sunday, September 03, 2006

#green

many fallen leaves
in last night storm---
they are still green

#swans

the lake is
full of swans
and she goes swimming

#movies

dreary day---
I watch on tv
old hurricane movies

#hurricane

after a hurricane---
not much in the news
till the next one

#gossip

two old ladies
on a bus gossip---once home
I close my curtains

#smell

Bush gives a speech on Iraq---
the smell of sulfur
from lighting a match

#sunset

sunset---
suddenly the sound
of a fire alarm

#Lance

seeing Fer-de-Lance---
you'll run faster
than Lance on a bicycle

#stacks

beyond smoke stacks
and rain clouds---
a day moon

#sparrow

a sparrow snatched bread
from another
and flew to my porch

#fly

dreary day---
a fly keeps falling
down the window glass

#happy

happy hour---
the bar maid
keeps breaking glasses

#dark

dark street---
a stranger smiles
at me

#karate

late Summer---
I show off my karate
blows using peaches

#jungle

a city dweller dreams---
a jungle
with eight million parrots

No comments: