Sunday, August 20, 2006

#vanilla

boring day---I put
shredded chocolate
on the no fat vanilla

#tea

morning---sun light
running through
my jasmine tea

#town

August Saturday night---
the only ones still
in town are the bores

#orange

overcast day---
she wears
her orange dress

#turtles

watching turtles stare
at me from under water---
Central Park Boat House

#subway

mid August morning---
like a funeral
is the subway

#funeral

fallen tree---
the parking lot at a
funeral home is full

#blank

morning stillness---
a blank sheet of paper
flew away

#sunset

sunset---
she blushes as
she kisses me goodbye

#clear

clear morning---
a giant gold bar
in the western skyline

#chicken

barbecue chicken joint---
two fat women
serve it with no bras

#duck

hot night---
I remember how
a sick wild duck fell

#lighthouse

broken lighthouse---
with a flashing
red light on its top

#joints

early morning---
I spread suntan lotion
on rusted joints

No comments: