Monday, August 03, 2009

#fly

August rain stops---
a fly leaves
as I open the window

#kid

Upper East side---
a kid wears
an AIG t shirt

#River

East River bright day---
soccer players change
mooning the sun

#blue

blue sky---
the smell of
suntan lotion

#sunset

Summer sunset---
she shows me eggplants
growing in her garden

#beer

White House beer summit---
the White Sox beat
the Yankees

#swing

Summer cool breeze---
an empty swing
swings

#fly

as I pace
the station platform---
a fly follows me

#River

East River sudden down pour
sunbathers take
a shower

#fog

morning fog
graffiti artists are
busy working

#horse

a carriage horse
refuses to move---
July ends

#blue

blue sky---
and empty
pockets

#hot

hot July night---
my neighbor opens
her curtains

#blue

blue sky---
I watch
the surf

1 comment:

Damien Gabriels said...

It's always a great pleasure to read your haikus : a moment that I don't miss every week.
Thank you for your look on things and the way you express it : a good lesson for the modest (and French) haijin that I am
Best regards