Monday, August 17, 2009

#cool

August---
how to stay cool
inside a yellow cab

#Park

Central Park heat wave---
an ambulance stands
where girls in bikinis lie

#night

Saturday night jealousy---
she tells me
it's all in your mind

#forty

the flower children
are now grandparents---
Woodstock at forty

#mugged

mugged too often in Harlem---
he buys a gun
and shoots them

#blue

blue sky---
the beach is full
of umbrellas

#sunset

clouds at sunset---
a dragon ran out
of fire

#cool

August cool---
she wants to go
mushroom hunting

#read

August boredom---
I read
Alice In Wonder Land

#shower

the Perseid meteor shower---
Perseus sword beheads
the Medusa

#sunset

August sunset---
I watch it from the inside
of a green house

#corn

August sun---
sweet corn ripens
in the ground

#picture

beach---a little girl
ask me to take her picture
with her camera

#pigeons

Summer watermelon---
I spit the seeds
to the pigeons

No comments: