Sunday, June 28, 2009

#River

East River choppy waves---
I wait for her
to tie her hair

#fair

Summer street fair---
a sign says
beware of kids

#sunset

Summer sunset---
clouds as blue as the mountains
of an iced Coors can

#blue

blue sky---
I step
on dog shit

#stop

June evening thunder storm---
my neighbors stop
shouting

#dead

Sinatra sings on my ipod---
a man yells
Michael Jackson is dead

#now

Iran's green revolution---
where would it be now
without women

#sunset

clouds at sunset---
I see a mountain range
with fire beneath it

#door

steamy June---
a Chinese take-out
keeps its door open

#River

East River Summer---
workers give a tree
a trim

#tan

late June crowded subway---
but no one has
a sun tan

#shot

dictators don't
discriminate---
a woman is shot in Iran

#clouds

June afternoon---
the same dark clouds
I pour more Cabernet

#cold

Summer morning---
it's too cold
to wear shorts

No comments: