Sunday, July 06, 2008

#smell

crowded Tex-Mex restaurant---
smell of sulfur dioxide
July

#carbon

Tour de France---
no carbon
footprint

#moon

crescent moon---
a July firework
fizzles out

#beach

clothing optional beach---
no one
smiles

#next

July Fourth fireworks---
I stand next to
an Iraqi refugee

#red

suddenly note the red
of Old Glory---
July Fourth

#tight

she wears tight blue jeans
and hijab---
July Fourth

#haze

Summer haze---
my neighbor wears
his turban

#Park

Madison Square Park July---
Blue Grass band plays
little girl dances

#sale

price of food is up---
a grocer has sale
on leftovers containers

#wind

Summer wind---
I turn off
the fan

#theater

hot day---
I take a nap
in a movie theater

#sardines

Summer crowded subway---
the smell
of sardines

#sunrise

sunrise---
heavy dust on my copy
of Paradise Lost

No comments: