Sunday, June 15, 2008

#swing

June playground---
little girl squeaks
the swing squeaks back

#pasta

Summer downpour---
she orders her pasta
al dente

#wish

Summer showers---
I wish
I had soap

#nice

the smell of fried onions
as a car passes---
nice climate change

#where

Fathers' day---
but where
are they

#sunrise

June sunrise walk---
the dog
sweats


#loud

June clear night---
outside a bodega
the Salsa is loud

#moon

hot June---
lonesome singing on the roof
a half moon

#fish

slow Summer afternoon---
the barmaid listens
to my big fish stories

#blue

June blue sky---
I go to buy
sunscreen for her

#yellow

June white lightning---
the lilacs
yellow

#few

fourth day of heat wave---
the fun part is
people wear fewer clothes

#beer

Summer lightning----
the barmaid has a special
on white beer

#cigar

heat wave---
the air too bad to breath
I go to a cigar bar

No comments: