Sunday, August 26, 2007

#foot

trying to balance
on one foot---
a fly won't let me

#heat

crowded train station
the stairs rail is sticky---
August heat

#concert

outdoors concert
of Arabian music---
a chorus of crickets

#sunset

sunset---
the smile
on his face

#butterfly

cool August---
a butterfly turned away
at my closed window

#Park

Madison Square Park
end of August---
no one is in a hurry

#name

her face from a passing car
what's her name---
a waxing gibbous

#fog

morning fog---
a coyote
sounds louder

#wet

I'm wet and he asks
is it raining---
the redundancy

#global

wearing fleece
in mid August---
global what?

#arrive

the remnants
of a hurricane arrive---
and his mother-in-law

#train

as I wait for a train---
a pigeon walks
back and forth

#wish

eating chicken---
the wish-bone so small
I wish better weather

#coffee

cold August morning---
I make
hot coffee

No comments: