Sunday, August 05, 2007

#fans

at a bus stop
a woman sells Chinese fans---
August stillness

#iced

more iced coffee
as if we need a reason---
Big Apple August


#sunset

lil* boat
sails by the skyline---
August sunset

*urban slang for little

#lightening

August lightening---
the fireflies
take the night off

#hands

she bends to pick up
water melon---
I keep my hands to myself

#laureate

our new poet laureate
is a surrealist---
absurd!

#ring

happy hour---
she tells the bartender
she lost her wedding ring

#grass

smell of freshly cut grass---
I caress
her crew cut

#fish

at the pier---no catches
the big fish busy eating
the small fish

#men

bouzouki music
in the park---
dancing with men

#ends

July ends---
the next day is
September First

#dawn

dawn---
a neon sign says
ATM


#pool

Summer pool---
I remember
what Archimedes said

#hair

morning fog---
sits well
with the grey in my hair

No comments: