Sunday, May 14, 2006

#cemetery

mothers day---
slow traffic
at the cemetery

#cat

overcast morning---
a cat stares
at a crow


#bubbles

dark clouds moving in---
kids blow at them
soap bubbles

#door

someone knocking
on the door---
I can't find my eyeglasses

#gray

fog at dusk---
my gray hairs
pass unnoticed

#fast

walking fast---
my umbrella
has a hole in it

#strawberries

gloomy day---
I bought strawberries
and put on them yogurt

#station

morning rush hour---
the conductor announces
the wrong station

#oranges

the smell of peeled
oranges---
at daybreak

#worms

overcast day---
I watch out
for worms on the sidewalk

#mosquito

moonless night---
a mosquito
keeps on trying

#day

twilight---
day laborers
waiting for the contractor

#sunset

sunset---
an old man gazing
at wilted lilacs

#girl

early morning---
a girl with heavy make-up
going home

No comments: