Saturday, March 25, 2006

#octopus

morning---
an octopus lets out the ink
escapes into cool darkness

#question

a question---
is there going to be spring,
or winter then summer?

#berries

berries bought real cheap---
blackened my fingers
as if with fountain pen ink

#grapes

eating grapes
that are very sour---
early spring

#greeting

greeting the dawn---
a bird suddenly
switches tones

#truck

wide one-way street---
a big truck
driven the wrong way

#dawn

I miss
waking up at dawn---
early spring

#sunset

sunset---
an orange and a plum
for desert

#basketball

watching college men
play basketball---
soon I'll switch to spring

#comedy

I was stood up---
the movie
was a comedy

#orange

peeling an orange
for breakfast---
spring takes its time to come

#weekend

cold weekend---
I find excuses
to stay home

#floor

sunrise---a glass tower
changes color
floor by floor

#green

St. Patrick Day---
a green ribbon
around a bare tree

#sunset

sunset---
hurrying home
to relieve myself

#red

blue sky---
a bird on the balcony
all in red

#cantaloupes

cantaloupes from
a street vendor---
under a full moon


#smells

cold wind
bringing smells
of may be spring

#mars

on mars
the martians
are robots

#ides

I keep looking
behind my back---
the ides of march

#breakfast

cold morning---
under a car a pigeon
awaits breakfast

#turtle

windy day---
a turtle
stays indoors

#burn

last night pizza---
this morning
heart burn

#sunset

sunset---
late enough to conflict
with reruns of Seinfeld

#porch

early spring---
the neighbors bought
a new swing for their porch


#loon

warm spring day---
a loon
keeps diving for nothing

#bonsai

in a dream
I touch a bonsai
to be sure it is real

#holy

a holy book
lies open---
next to the tv remote

#hydrant

a car covered
with pigeon shit
parked at a fire hydrant

#still

record breaking warmth---
nothing remaining still
except my stare

#fever

spring fever---
the light house winks back
at the fishing boat

#nothings

little nothings
on empty branches---
early spring

#buds

little buds
brush my face---
the cherry blossoms on my street

#line

waiting in line---
she says she's closed
when my turn came up

#warm

morning warm up---
watching aerobics
on tv

#tin

the ceiling
is leaking---
I let it collect in a tin can

#tuxedo

morning counter
commute---
wearing a tuxedo

#collar

warming up---
icy water drops
under my collar

#oscar

oscar night---
the best actor
played a writer

#peek

between cold gusts of wind
enough warmth to take a peek
at spring

#smile

the moon at my window---
the same sardonic smile
of last night

#ride

Saturday night---
the barmaid offers me
a ride home

#sand

on tv
the beach sand clean
like our new fallen snow

#wind

blistery wind---
the moon's
sadistic smile

#q-tips

ice q-tips on
the tips of branches---
I squeeze my earmuffs

#march

early march
snow sleet ice storm---
I miss warm winter

#window

keeps looking out
of the window---
to see if the snow has arrived

#spears

fishing with spears---
they served the salmon
with asparagus

#horns

at an intersection
the light changes
when waiting cars blow their horns

#fat

fat tuesday---
the streets are flooded
with people

#ice

ice on the steps
of the station---
and the "watch your step" sign

#sunset

the economy is bad---
he paints the sunset
in charcoal

#juice

sunrise---
I forgot
to buy orange juice

#cold

stargazing
on a cold night---
with the windows closed

#voice

through the wall
a familiar voice---
diana krall sings

#name

in the quiet of the street
Sunday morning---
someone yells my name

#almost

tight sweat pants,
a line of bare skin for a belt---
almost spring

#booth

rush hour---
the man in the token booth
counts metro cards

#soup

take-out delivery---
the chicken soup dropped
from the brown bag

#bus

running after the bus---
but the bus
does not stop

#lime

needing a wedge
of lime for a cocktail---
crescent moon

#dawn

dark clouds at
dawn---
I go back to sleep

#swing

crowded subway---
I remember dancing
the swing class

#winter

late winter---
taking a close look
to see if something sprouted

#paycheck

a mocking bird
at the feeder
looking for his paycheck

#rush

morning rush hour---
a kid on a board
thinks this is Torino

#sunset

sunset---
nearby church bells
ring an allegro

#walk

I walk enjoying the cold---
before it becomes
a thing of the past

#teach

I teach him math,
he teaches me
how to be patient

#place

morning stillness---
running in place
to stay warm

#cave

drop by drop
building a rod of ice
inside a cave---with no light

#lizard

long night---
the geico lizard
danced in my dream

#black

the snow all gone,
the nights are again
cement black

#neighbors

the neighbors are fighting---
is this unlawful
surveillance?

#sunset

sunset---the snow
in the park
green with envy

#bird

deafening noise---
they take a bird
to the hospital

#grits

putting gritz on my plate
warm morning---
the snow softens

#oreos

slow night---
eating oreos dipped
in bailey's irish cream

#rent

pay your rent note,
pay your rent note---
no money

#full

the moon
out in full---
Valentine night

#black

the snow starting
to turn black---
no one cares

#Valentine

Valentine roses---
remembering those
I also gave my heart

#mouse

mouse armstrong never
lost tour of my house---
to any cat

#tomato

the flying tomato
flipping
on a snow board
like a pancake---
won him olympic gold

#seagull

men dig out
their cars from the snow---
above a seagull circles

#free

snow locked
in my apartment---
it feels good to be free

#silence

the silence
of falling snow---
makes me want more

#white

Saturday night---
silently a blizzard
paints the town white

#rain

song on the radio
about rain---
and kissing

#mermaid

lying on a beach---
a mermaid says
let's dance

#head

perpendicular
to my head---
the moon's

#exam

studying for an exam---
her leg
keeps kicking

#winter

cold morning---
winter refuses
to pass into extinction

#cart

cold night---
four cops standing
as he sits by his shopping cart

#silence

feeling rejected---
breaking the silence
with some Wagner

#barber

new barber
can't break the ice---
speaks Russian

#rose

rush hour---
a fresh rose
lying in a garbage can


#heart

trying to write
a super haiku---
to win her heart

#raven

they both have hair
black as a raven---
and a giant fly tattoo

#driver

at the car door in the dark---
can't find
the designated driver

#XL

super bowl forty---
even the cheerleaders
are extra large

#dog

the neighbor's dog
kept barking---
I barked at the owner

#frog

browsing in a book store---
suddenly
the picture of a frog

#moon

it's been long time
since I've seen the moon---
my bad luck

#window

from my window
I see rain falling
on a cute red umbrella

#winter

mini skirts and boots
in February---
the wild side of this winter

#movie

her checkered pants
match the floor tiles---
at a Charlie Chaplin movie

#water

potted plants in the aisles
of a tex-mex diner---
they all want water

#shoes

so many wing
tipped shoes---
but not one with a leather sole

#sun

after today's rain
let's invite the sun
to make us more tomorrow

#quits

stressful day---
my internet connection
quits

#orange

eating a winter orange---
no juice
and thick skin

#stew

monday---
a nearby dinner
has rabbit stew for lunch

#rain

afternoon rain---
I dry
my apartment

#wall

playing tennis alone---
the wall
is haunted

#race

a kid sitting on a bench,
guides his race car
to run the pigeons

#cello

the sound of a cello
from downstairs---
morning coffee

#egg

many short contrails
at sunset---
looking for an egg to fertilize

#blue

take a look
at the sky
this morning---
it's like being
inside a blue balloon

#tennis

cold night---
looking for an extra sweater,
I find a tennis racket

#fight

early morning---
the neighbors continue
last night fight

#car

buying a luxury car---
Mozart always lived
beyond his means

#geisha

cold wind---the wings
of a seagull stretched
like the fan of a geisha

#coffee

mild winter---
him and her
have their coffee on the roof

#gym

crowded gym---
he takes the dumb bells
with him to the bath room

#nothing

when nothing is left
to write about
but the weather---
I, like the moon,
take the day off

#garbage

too much---
garbage truck blocking the street
at rush hour

#tree

morning rain---
a tree drips enough
to get inside my shirt

#Beetle

beautiful day---
a yellow Beetle
parked the wrong way

#tulips

pictures of flowers
in winter---
can't find black tulips

#whale

a whale swam up the Thames
to monkey around London
then died---
what will they name
the movie?

#stars

yes galaxies---
careful! counting stars
causes warts

#wallet

buying donuts---
she asked him for a dollar
he gives her his wallet

#fun

warm and sunny
winter day---
I have fun

#I

I
stand on one leg---
morning stillness

#dolphins

watching board skaters
in the park
jumping---
dolphins do it better
with just water

#OK

she pours me
cold coffee
and asks if I am OK

#lark

what if a sparrow
can become a lark
by a strike of my pen?

#Jazz

morning rain
hitting my windows
woke me up---
once I stayed up till dawn
to hear a jazz drummer play

#day

rainy day---
I have
no umbrellas left

#swimming

swimming at the deep
end of the pool---
she wants to talk

#smoke

smoke rising shapeless
to a clear sky---
a day moon

#silence

Empire State Building
lit red and green---
mid winter silence

#sunrise

sunrise---
a beaming full moon
says so what

#star

cold windy day---
the bright sun:
just another star

#senior

after I walked in that snow---
grey enough
for a senior discount

#call

rain, cold wind, then snow---
I call for a pizza
with every thing

#light

last night the light
of a full moon---
tonight thunder and lightening

#women

in the subway
women don't knit
or do their nails
like in the days
before cell phones

#Friday

dense fog
on Friday the thirteen---
the ghosts will be missed

#home

walking home,
a black cat startles me---
almost a full moon

#bored

early morning---
the dog is finally
bored barking at their cat

#drink

rainy night---
a discarded Christmas tree
finally got a drink

#breakfast

crunching cardboard
for breakfast---
added to milk

#fly

winter morning---
a fly
forgot something

#spring

warm winter day---
the pigeons
got a spring attitude

#wise

a wise man
telling one of his students
to stop writing haiku

#dusk

silver clouds of dusk---
the moon
has the gold on

#Kong

a blond kid has
her cell phone ring
to the cries of King Kong

#veal

succulent veal francaise---
the flowers
were plastic

#half

half moon appears outside
my window---
the rest of the panini


#coffee

the moon's cup---
it's too costly
to fill with coffee

#day

overcast day---
she has her
sunglasses on

#sun

bright afternoon sun---
I saw him
with my ears

#skiing

with winters becoming warmer,
what will happen
to skiing?

#hand

hand in hand
up the church steps---
at the door they let loose

#after

after two days
of heavy rain---
a sunny morning

#darkness

sitting in total darkness
thinking---
Henri Matisse

#puppy

the puppy
in the pet shop window
says it with sign language

#cat

heavy rain---
a cat leaps across
a basement stairway

#silence

the holidays are over---
listen:
the silence of winter

#limp

new year's day---
an inflatable Santa
lies limp on the porch

#sparrows

first day of a new year---
the sparrows
don't really care

#ball

waiting for the ball
to drop at midnight---
a down feather flies

#sunset

new year eve,
confetti like snow shower---
at sunset

#last

neither in the red or black:
snowing
last day of the year

#glide

windy day---
seagulls glide
between tall buildings

#censorship

censorship---
roofs' graffiti
blurred by the fog

#nothing

a squirrel
on a park bench eating---
nothing happens

#block

writing block---
the comedian laughs
at his own jokes

#ballerina

the ballerina
dances
the same way she talks

#arms

standing room only,
she loses her balance---
into my arms

#nut

cold morning---
a pigeon
fails to crack a nut

#present

Day after Christmas---
I forgot
to buy myself a present

#tree

a crow on
a winter tree---
foggy morning

#Christmas

dense fog
on Christmas day---
whiteness has many forms

#jasmine

alone going up
to the twentieth floor---
and the smell of jasmine

#sunset

a cloud shaped
like an old man's beard---
Christmas eve at sunset

#warming

warming up Christmas eve---
so much global
ignorance!

#calender

the new playboy calender---
I forgot the right
way to stare

#dream

last night's dream
this morning's
subway ride

#sunset

sunset---
under the Christmas tree
someone left a plum

#ride

subway strike---
someone asks Santa
for a ride home

#night

longest night of the year---
Shehrazad
embellishes her tale

#first

first day of winter---
I brush
my fedora

#rats

subway strike---
the rats
are happier this way

#helmets

Mass Transit on strike---
helmets on bicycles
and a day moon

#oak

an oak tree---
the minimalist
meets his Waterloo

#strike

if Mass Transit goes on strike---
I'll write haiku
on a bicycle

#Tanka: knocking

a black bird
flies higher and higher
into a blue sky---
some one knocking on my door,
I ignore it

#poems

I remember none
of the frog's
last summer poems

#sunday

sunday morning---
same clouds
as the week before

#moon

on my space ship
getting away from it all---
coffee on the moon

#warmer

as the day got warmer---
the snow finally
had enough

#candle

another December fifteen---
the candle is shorter
than last year's

#shortcut

winter shortcut
through the park---
the moon is my flood light

#ribbon

early morning---
a red ribbon on a door
shivers

#string

a string of lights
in the window---
ice covers everything

#dogs

noon---
warm enough for the neighbors' dogs
to hang out

#dirt

the street snow
is grey with dirt---
I stop wearing sunglasses

#sunset

sunset---
the Christmas tree
lights up

#out

morning's
last sip of coffee---
still no haiku comes out

#Santas

two Santas telling
each the other what they
want for Christmas

#cakes

cakes for all occasions---
a couple of the same sex
picked one

#hummus

hummus---
the Gallic cook
forgot the garlic

#sponge

the smell of sea tube sponge---
I bite her
iced up calluses

#drag

beautiful day---
the snow drags
its feet

#flakes

early morning---
snow flakes melt
on my palm

#kids

two kids having
a snow ball fight---
day moon

#snow

falling snow leaving
behind quite
a paper trail--- shredded

#yellow

bright day---
wincing
while I hail a yellow cab

#rose

he holds a rose
hoping for a kiss---
he gets a ticket

#seven

December seven---
they put barbed wire
around the chrysanthemums

#clicks

dancing to clicks of a clock---
her arms read
nine fifteen

#hourglass

late autumn---
an hourglass
at the watch repair shop

#sunset

sunset---
I am still looking
for the uncommon in the common

#slush

beautiful day---
unless you have to walk
in that slush

#souls

so what we live
galaxies apart---
our souls are here and now

#lights

December fifth---
the Chrysler and Empire State
shine lights of same color

#sunset

sunset---
playing Sinatra's
I did it my way

#covers

overcast December Sunday---
I passed it
under covers

#snow

first snow---
enough
to hide the steps of the fire escape

#normal

December's
wind gusts at night---
things are back to normal

#death

the poet
writing about death---
Monday morning

#pepper

the red pepper next to
the green pepper---
early December, Times Square

#epsilon

hurricane epsilon---
what if we run out
of Greek letters?

#icy

the ice cream store in winter---
icy
quiet

#church

recently
church bells
started ringing every day

#bread

long and skinny
bread sticks---
in a bamboo basket

#snail

walking home in the rain---
a snail need not worry
where there is mud

#warming

I keep mistaking
this month for May---
global warming

#gambler

the gambler
calculating the odds---
his wife is not pregnant

#ship

a space ship landed
in the wrong season---
autumn twilight

#fight

their first fight---
she throws at him
paper tape

#finals

finals week---
two students study
out in the moon light

#walk

Saturday night---
a long walk ends
at the usual cafe

#knocks

knocks on the wall---
my neighbor trying
to write a haiku

#machines

so many machines
for one purpose---
the museum of sex

#black

she wears black
sells red roses...
at night

#bark

cold morning---
the dogs bark
whimpers

#gusts

Thanksgiving night---
strong wind gusts
unchallenged

#sunset

sunset---
that sinking
feeling

#Thanksgiving

some loved ones
will never return---
Thanksgiving Day

#turkey

homesick---
a turkey in the city
misses wolf calls

#rain

heavy rain---
my umbrella drips
on her umbrella

#whistle

at sunrise
no bird sings---
I whistle

#chimes

her voice
has a nice ring---
like wind chimes

#gloomy

gloomy day---
I walk slowly
to a meeting

#nakedness

all their leaves are gone---
trees' nakedness
stare at me

#coffee

no coffee left---
I fall asleep

#empty

one week before
Thanksgiving---
Macy's is empty

#noodles

cooking rice noodles
for lunch---
the temple chrysanthemum

#weep

the quiet
of a doctor's office---
an old woman starts to weep

#day

still standing there---
an empty headed
day moon

#frost

early morning frost
on my window---
and the moon

#head

morning yoga---
the logician
in a head stand

#twin

morning coffee---
she and her twin sister
drink just one cup

#emptiness

I feel emptiness---
after eating
all that spagetti

#motorcycle

beautiful day---
my neighbor's motorcycle
won't start

#silence

writing haiku
in the subway---
about silence

#shadow

saturday night---
a shadow pisses under
a half moon

#wait

sunny day---
but wait,
atumn is full of tricks

#walk

new running shoes---
I walk faster
than every body

#dental

dental office---
the rug needs
better brushing

#Armistice Day

down parkas
march to the subway---
Armistice Day

#sun

morning sun
after yesterday's storm---
three cheers!

#surf

dreary day---
the surf watcher
goes to the mall

#half

the half moon functions,
both street lamps don't---
romantic she said

#sum

"cogito
ergo sum---"
not "egret sum"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum

#dead

warm autumn day---
a fly came back
from the dead

#tooth

the tooth I broke
the day before---
new moon

#fog

sunday morning fog---
suddenly
no leaves to sweep

#summer

she whispers
to a flower she picked---
indian summer

#maple

autumn dusk---
on a tree lined street
the smell of maple syrup

#after

the crow after Halloween---
still that
preppy humor

#heart

the autumn sun,
the leaves---
and a callus heart


#spring

beautiful spring day---
just ignore
those yellow leaves

#Halloween

breezy Halloween night---
a yellow leaf
pricks my ear

#trick

an egret---
wearing a crow mask:
trick or treat

#Ballet

the egret alone---
went to see Ballet Theater
perform

#American Ballet Theatre October 29, 2005 at 8:00 pm NYCity Center

Fokine at his soft best---
Les
Sylphides

----it takes a man
with jumps softer than girls'
to dance it

---and Maxim
was soft
like a snow flake

is it dance or sex---
"A Fawn" transcends
sex as dance

the pirate--- Corella
and his Paloma,
pas de perfect

Tharp's "Upper Room"
did not need smoke
signals---but more Glass

those steps
are what I do when
I dance in my upper room

#candy

two days before Halloween---
he ate the candy
she bought for the kids

#towel

short night---
the moon
droped the towel

#cups

doing dishes---
tea cups ring
a marching beat

#rings

morning fog---
a sesame bagel
looks like the rings of Saturn

#storm

day after the storm---
the crow
trying to be lyrical

#real

real life weekend---
real men play football
real women bake apple pie

#answer

she takes her time
tying up her hair
while he awaits her answer

#chocolate

if I were rich
I'd live on Belgian chocolate---
that's all

#strap

subway rush hour---
I hold the strap of her bag:
a sudden stop

#witch tanka

a puppet witch
decorating the neighbors' door
was stolen---
some say by the next neighbors'
live in witch

#hurricane

autumn weekend---
another hurricane
just went by

#gold

sidewalks full of wet
yellow leaves----
imagine they were gold

#darkness

orange and purple
over water---
later darkness

#market

at the market---
she gets close
to tell me how good her melons are

#two dogs tanka

a man lets his two dogs
out in the yard---
he pets one dog
that goes and bites the other
on the neck

#blackberry

I emailed my haiku
then ate---
my blackberry

#coffee

morning coffee---
the waitress refills my cup
with decaf

#geometry

morning geometry...
a contrail tangent
to full moon

#worried

full moon autumn night,
clear sky---
worried about Wilma

#clothes

buying winter clothes---
in the dressing room
a discarded yellow leaf

#slow

slow night ...
the bar maid asks her customer
for a back rub

#sweep

brilliant day---
I sweep the autumn leaves
away

#flu

beware this winter
a turkey from turkey---
the avian flu

#knitting

a man in the subway
is knitting---
two women watch him

#nine

a woman carries
nine kittens in a cage---
eighty-one

#love

the rain stopped---
so did the neighbors'
love making

#flooding

flooding in New York---
we will be second
to nobody

#sun

subway rush hour---
that look of not having
seen the sun in days

#leaves

the autumn leaves
after the rain stopped---
what a mess!

#bank

rainy day---
I pay for the pizza
from the piggy bank

#umbrella

wind driven rain---
my umbrella
refuses to move

#puddles

wading through puddles
to cross the street---
the Hudson last summer

#Kashmir

Kashmir---
a prayer rug
facing the wrong way

#fountain

gloomy day---
I throw a penny
into the fountain

#sound

Columbus Day---
the sound of my neighbors
asian indan music

#blushes

drive in movies---
and another autumn moon
blushes

#mushroom

the rain stopped---
my neighbor
has her hair done like a mushroom

#rain

heavy rain---
the fishmonger moves his goods
indoors

#light

dawn---
eating autumn melon
in candle light

#silence

autumn leaves
dancing in the silence---
sunrise

#azaleas

morning rain---
a homeless man
pisses on orange azaleas

#bread

out of bread---
my neighbors say
they have plenty of rice

#wind

autumn wind---
racing the leaves
back home

#sunset

she bows to lift her glass---
black figs
in the sunset light

#hide

all night long
learning how to hide---
the moon

#harvest

clipping stalks from a tree---
a squirrel gathers
its harvest

#cows

I hate cows --- but these morning clouds!

#cobra

morning yoga---
the squirrel's tail rises
like a cobra

#swing

nice autumn day---
on a swing
I go back and forth

#betting

outside an off track betting place
stands a man ---
not smoking

#exams

cramming for exams---
a line of ants
in autumn's twilight

#football

Saturday's football games---
on the street time out
when a car passes

#crow

first day of autumn--
some one painted
the crow's beak orange

#name

Friday night---
the bar maid
keeps forgetting my name

#night

late night---
the owl is still waiting
for the moon's answer

#sunset

autumn sunset---
waiting for the beets
to become cooked

#wind

gusty wind---
my hat chases
after a songbird

#clouds

early morning
traveling clouds---
a snail leads the pack

#ant

autumn coolness---
reading a Basho haiku
to an ant

#city lights

migrant song birds---
dance till death
in city lights

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/23/n yregion/23birds.html?8hpib

#touch

subway vibrations---
her knee and mine
touch

#real

new mexican bar---
the bar maid
is a real blond

#tiger

in the woods
he's no tiger---
tiger woods

#apples

grocery shopping
after tennis---
her kid bounces golden apples

#picture

moonless night---
I hang the picture
of the sun

#rock

bright day---
rock band practices
with all windows open

#oaks

oaks in Rita's path---
the trunks
are still standing

#flashes

hot flashes---
pizza from the oven
covered with Tabasco

#gun

the thief gun:
was stolen
from a sleeping cop

#it's a Union Square

cool autumn night,
two dogs chase each other---
silently

#first

first day of autumn---
the green leaves of a tree
at sunrise

#autumn

early autumn
early lunch---
sweet potatoes
so sweet

#Rita

over a gulf oil rig---
Pegasus intercepts
Rita

#sunset

sunset---
"The Joy Of Living"
by Matisse

http://www.modjourn.brown.edu/mjp/ Image/matisse/matisse.bonheur-vivre. 06.jpg

#blogging

blogging---
fingers touch the keyboard,
the ipod makes it rhyme

#night out

night out,
one fat woman hugged another---
sideways

#pumpkin

morning full moon---
I decide to cook
pumpkin pie

#owl

black night---
an owl
stares into the abyss

#ghost

afternoon haze---
the ghost of a train
crosses the bridge

# a fly

dusk---
a fly comes back
to be swatted once more

#penny

early autumn---
a penny got lost
in fallen leaves

#surf

foaming surf---
I ran out of
soap

#light

under a full moon
she said:
got a light?

#sweats

humid day---
a glass of green tea
sweats

#Ophelia

to be
or not to be---
Ophelia

#private

a sign
on the door of a gold mine:
private

#log

the log in the water
has many holes---
but still you can stand on it

#leaf

dusk---
a leaf under a parked car
pretends to be a sparrow

#711

Sunday morning---
a 711 down town
ran out of coffee

#September 11, 2005

clear sky, a plane sparkles
heads bowed in silence---
freedom breathes

#marriage

a drunk
debates the bar maid---
arranged marriage better

#cloudy

cloudy day---
I close
my curtains

#blacker

blacker than a moonless night---
the crow
at sunrise

[Inspired by a Basho haiku: Whiter than the stones on Stone Mountain---the
autumn wind]

#train

a passenger train
crosses a long bridge---
day moon

#cool

cool September day---
the hot temper
of star tennis players

#mirrors

brilliant day---
the Hudson river
full of little mirrors

#pick

black bird
eating with grey pigeons---
they pick on him

#read

day after Labor Day---
kids in the subway
read a comic book

#mouse

a mouse got stuck
in my waste can---
I let it stay

#kiss

labor day morning,
empty streets---
a couple kiss

#dog

her dog getting
mad at his dog---
he just stands there

#Labor Day

Labor day weekend---
the subway slow
due to repair work

#it's a Union Square

Union Square---
the same bumming around
also for Labor Day

#jazz

jazz at dawn---
when will the Big Easy
surface again?

#running

in a low cut shirt
she's running---
makes my pulse race

#iron

sun setting
in the crack between two highrises---
molding iron

#Mars

pictures of Mars
up close---
I'll just stay in Arizona

#bird

the shadow of a bird
climbs a cab's billboard---
amazon dot com

#tennis

watching tennis
with long earrings---
itchy neck

#movie

summer movie---
some one snoring
during the sex scene

#the Mississippi

hurricane's rains---
the Mississippi
surges

[inspired by a haiku of Basho: Gathering May's rains, the swift Mogami River]

#New Orleans

no man is an island,
sunken city---
New Orleans

#motionless

Summer moon
stands motionless---
I told him

#bluegrass

end of summer---
the crickets play
a bluegrsss breakdown

#sun sets

all day watching the radar
screen of Katrina---
the sun sets

#Katrina

Noah sitting
in the Superdome---
Katrina has arrived

#Flushing

Flushing Meadows Park---
a bird whistles
"Yankee Doodle Dandy"

#pink

early morning---
under a tree,
pink high heels

#busy

late Saturday night---
that busy moon
asks was it her

#sunset

sunset,
cool evening
mimosa---cooler

No comments: