Sunday, November 09, 2008

#crunch

the crunch of Autumn leaves---
as I pass
a dentures shop

#blue

blue sky---
I count
my piggy bank

#fight

Saturday night---
alone I watch
my neighbors fight

#River

East River Autumn---
street lights sparkle
the water at dusk

#sunset

Autumn sunset---
a vampire
licks lips

#beads

Autumn gloom---
an Afghan flips
his worry beads

#free

the recession---
a fortune teller
offers free massage

#plants

morning drizzle---
a truck driver unloads
potted plants

#music

November drizzle---
I turn off
the Zen music

#won

an heiress
shakes her head---
Obama won

#crabs

elections returns party---
smell of frying
Alaskan crabs

#roof

Elections Day---
seagulls crowd the roof
of the court house

#sunset

Autumn sunset---
church bells
ring

#one

Autumn---
no one in the courtyard
an opossum crosses

1 comment:

Magyar said...

Sea gulls on the courthouse roof, huh? I like that, and this entire collage.
_I refer to politicians (all) as > A flock of sleeping sea gulls at a supermarket parking lot... into which, someone tosses an old donut. <
_m